For Immediate Release
Damage from Today's Storm Changes Thursday ETRs
· Today's thunderstorm damaged some major equipment on Pepco's electric distribution system, causing the company to push back estimated restoration times (ETRs) for the entire queue of customers waiting to get their power back.
· Customers who had received ETRs of ll:30 p.m. tonight and 6:00 a.m. Friday are now expected to have their power back by 12 noon tomorrow.
· No changes to other ETRs are expected.
"We told customers affected by Sunday's storm that they would not lose their place in the queue for restoration," said Thomas Graham, Pepco Region President. "We intend to keep that promise."
· As of 10:30 p.m., 7,655 customers were without power.
· More than 500 crew members from Pepco and from other utilities, will continue working 24/7 until every customer has their lights back on.
Pepco, a subsidiary of Pepco Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: POM), delivers safe, reliable and affordable electric service to more than 778,000 customers in Maryland and the District of Columbia.