For Immediate Release
Gift Cards, Giveaways and Rebates Available Oct. 15 at Lowe's
Washington - Pepco will host an event on Oct. 15 at Lowe's Home Improvement in New Carrollton to inform its Maryland customers of ways to save money while conserving energy. The utility's energy efficiency programs support EmPOWER Maryland, a statewide initiative seeking to reduce energy consumption by 15 percent by 2015. The event is scheduled for October to recognize Energy Awareness Month, which was established by a presidential proclamation in 1991.
This family friendly event will feature Pepco representatives hosting a day of live entertainment with Brooke Ryan from the Jack Diamond Morning Show on MIX 107.3 , giveaways, and tips and information on how to save energy. Customers can signal their commitment to conserve energy by taking the symbolic "Pledge to Save" while learning about practical ways to use electricity more efficiently at home. Pepco also will share information with customers about its rebates worth up to $300, other rebates that can make energy efficiency improvements and upgrades more affordable, and home energy assessments.
Highlights of the event include:
· Pledge to Save - Pepco Maryland Customers can take a symbolic pledge and automatically enter to win one of three $250 gift cards to Lowe's to purchase energy-efficient products for the home. Pepco customers can take the pledge at the event or online at www.pepco.com/pledge. Drawing is December 2, 2011.
· Appliance Swap - Bring old and outdated appliances to be recycled for free.
· Rebates to Lower Energy Costs - Customers will learn how to make "green" improvements more affordable with rebates up to $300 or more.
· Live Entertainment - MIX 107.3 (WRQX-FM) will play music and give away 10 $100 gift cards.
- more -
NEWS RELEASE - Page 2
· Family Friendly Activities - Bring the entire family to enjoy live entertainment, food and refreshments, interactive displays and children's activities all centered on conserving energy and saving money.
Additional customer benefits include:
· Rebates up to $50 for purchasing ENERGY STAR® qualified refrigerators, electric water heaters and room air conditioners;
· Bill credits up to $160 for participating in the Energy Wise Rewards program, which involves cycling customers' central air conditioners during times of high energy demand in the summer;
· Instant discounts on individual and multi-pack ENERGY STAR qualified compact fluorescent light bulbs;
· Opportunity to sign up for a Quick Home Energy Check-up that includes energy-saving products offered at no additional cost;
· Rebates up to $300 for the system tune-up or purchase and installation of central air conditioning or electric air source heat pump systems to replace existing systems;
· A Home Performance with ENERGY STAR assessment at the discounted rate of $100 (normally $400 or more). Customers can save up to $1,200 on the installation of home energy efficiency improvements recommended by the assessment.
Event Location, Date and Time
Lowe's Home Improvement
7710 Riverdale Road
New Carrollton, MD 20784
Saturday, October 15 -- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
This event is open to the public but only Pepco Maryland customers are eligible to win a $250 gift card to Lowe's Home Improvement .
For more information on how to save money and energy, visit www.pepco.com/SaveEnergy.
Pepco, a subsidiary of Pepco Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: POM), delivers safe, reliable and affordable electric service to more than 778,000 customers in Maryland and the District of Columbia